How does this affect my life.
- I now have to drive 100 miles to take my daughter to school. I had managed to get her an inter-district transfer to a school around the corner from my job, which is 25 miles away from my home. I don't want to transfer her back to my district as on a scale of 1-100 my local school ranks 19/100 and the school my daughter is in ranks 87/100 in the State of California. So the outcome is I now have to do 2 round trips of 50 miles to take and pick up my daughter from school.
- My son who has been going to Pre-K has to be withdrawn. I am going to try to keep him in 3 half days a week for at least 2 months BUT that means I have to find $400 per month to pay for it. If I don't find anything soon I will have to withdraw him completely which will be so frustrating as he LOVES Pre-K plus the last 2 months he has learnt so much. It has given him the structure he needs.
- Of course for me - I have 2 feelings about the loss of my job. I do get to spend more time with my kids BUT I really liked the job and the responsibilities and adult time that went with that.
- The upgrade of our house is off and therefore the move is off!
- I also feel sad for the other colleagues that have lost their job.