Saturday, June 26, 2010

10 things I learnt about New York City

I know I have been absent for the last 2 months. Life has had some challenges recently and one of which is getting enough time to get to my computer. I was invited to go to NYC for work this week to meet a load of journalists to show them the new product line. Having only been to JFK before I was excited to get some time in New York and these are the to 10 Things I learnt about New York!
  1. Apparently all NYC taxi drivers are from another country but they know NYC like the back of their hands.
  2. NYC taxi drivers go from 0-60 in-between traffic lights.
  3. Women of NYC seem to be all wearing a minimum of 5 inch heels.
  4. I have never seen so many police in such concentration standing around talking to each other all day every day.
  5. The World Trade Center memorial is just as overwhelming today as it was the week of 9/11.
  6. All the New Yorkers were really friendly.
  7. Black sedans charge double the price of yellow cabs.
  8. I was weirdly waiting for a plane to land on the Hudson.
  9. Orson from Desperate Housewives and Dave Chappell were hanging out at the Standard Hotel.
  10. Oh and for the future for me do not go and visit a fashion journalist with your sunglasses caught in your hair looking a little like Ugly Betty!

7 comments:

Christy said...

I am SURE you didn't look like Ugly Betty! So wish I could have slipped up for dinner. Alas, another time! Glad you had fun and don't you just LOVE celebrity sightings? I do!

Aliceson said...

So nice to see you back on the blog even if time only permits it once every 2 months! It was a nice surprise in my reader this morning. :)

NYC always sounds so fun, maybe one day I'll get there.

Toni said...

I laughed reading your list because the point about cops talking to each other all day every day is so true...I noticed the same thing myself when I was there a coupe of years ago! haha

Respectfully Yours said...

I've only been to NY once, but can't wait to go back. I loved it.

diney said...

NYC - I loved it and we are going again in January to meet up with my son and daughter in law and my nephew with his girl friend - a really nice family get together in such an exciting city. I'll try not to look like UB - good tip!

diney said...

NYC - I loved it and we are going again in January to meet up with my son and daughter in law and my nephew with his girl friend - a really nice family get together in such an exciting city. I'll try not to look like UB - good tip!

septembermom said...

I was just in NYC the other day and I saw many of the same things. It's an exciting place.