- Apparently all NYC taxi drivers are from another country but they know NYC like the back of their hands.
- NYC taxi drivers go from 0-60 in-between traffic lights.
- Women of NYC seem to be all wearing a minimum of 5 inch heels.
- I have never seen so many police in such concentration standing around talking to each other all day every day.
- The World Trade Center memorial is just as overwhelming today as it was the week of 9/11.
- All the New Yorkers were really friendly.
- Black sedans charge double the price of yellow cabs.
- I was weirdly waiting for a plane to land on the Hudson.
- Orson from Desperate Housewives and Dave Chappell were hanging out at the Standard Hotel.
- Oh and for the future for me do not go and visit a fashion journalist with your sunglasses caught in your hair looking a little like Ugly Betty!
Saturday, June 26, 2010
10 things I learnt about New York City
I know I have been absent for the last 2 months. Life has had some challenges recently and one of which is getting enough time to get to my computer. I was invited to go to NYC for work this week to meet a load of journalists to show them the new product line. Having only been to JFK before I was excited to get some time in New York and these are the to 10 Things I learnt about New York!